Charlotte, North Carolina
7.6K views 85 comments

Well, my girlfriend heard this infomercial on the radio about a weight loss product and asked me to buy it. She told me they would give you a $100 Walmart gift card for trying the product. The product is called Final Trim and when you call the number you don't talk to a real person. An automated machine guides you through the buying steps. They send you a 30 days supply for $7.95 and in order for you to get the $100 Walmart gift card you have to buy a subscription for a program called HomePlay. The initial amount is $1.95 and after the trial period you pay the regular subscription, $29.95 monthly.

I received the 30 days supply of Final Trim and days later a letter from HomePlay confirming the subscription. The catch: there's no $100 Walmart gift card. The gift card they "give" you is worth $40.00 divided in 4 $10.00 gift cards to be used between January and December 2013. It's one $10.00 gift card released to you every three months? Are you serious?

I called the number on my invoice from Direct Alternatives (the company that sends you the Final Trim) on their 1-800-665-7651 and asked about the $100 Walmart gift card advertised and the only answer from the operator was "you need to call the company offering it, which is HomePlay". SCAMMERS!!!!!

Had an Experience with Direct Alternatives?

Comments

Charlotte, North Carolina, United States #1201845

No she's not as bad as they are she did the right thing they are doing thHE COMPANY IS DOING THE WRONG thing you must have your morals screws up!They got 7 dollars in change for giving her NOTHING.

In return they won't send it when they see the card didn't go through for the total amount ...Not to mention as far as I have read on most comments many of them go nothing for 79.00 so there!

***ker

EXTREME RIP-OFF DO NOT BUY!!!!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States #905462

This is a scam however home play is the one that offers the gift card! She agreed to try this thing that gives you coupons and they give you like 30 days for 1.99. So though this is a scam that was the truth!

Thanku

Didn't read reviews till after purchase. Called bank to cancel card. Thank you for reviews.

StopBeingSoFatAmerica
Los Angeles, California, United States #893801

Maybe next time stick to a healthy diet and exercise you fat, lazy sheep. Anyone who buys these scam pills deserves what they get, stop being dim.

Moe

I ordered the free trial.They charged my card $79.90!

I called them to complain and they said they'd fix it and to enjoy my free trial. I told them I didn't like it and to go ahead and take me out of their system so I wouldn't get any auto-shipments. Well, about a month later I got 2 more bottles in the mail and they charged my card $44.60. I called again and they were incredibly rude, said I never called before, and that by keeping the trial bottles it authorized them to charge me the $79.90.

So how is that a FREE trial? I asked to speak to a manager and got put on hold for about 15 minutes until I was disconnected. I've called several times since and can't get anyone to speak to me. Now I'm disputing the charges with my bank, and they said that they may not be able to recover my funds since I don't know the name of the person I spoke with each time!

having to change my card number so I can prevent further charges.This is such B.S.

Lb

Horrible company!Horrible people!

Horrible scam.

They threatened to ruin my credit because of wanting to cancel.HORRIBLE

sami
Taylorville, Illinois, United States #866437

I ordered this 3 weeks ago and never recieved but have been charges I need the number to talk to someone other than a robot. My email is samigatton86@gmail.com

to sami #871133

18006657652

not happy

I ordered a bottle about two months ago. And never revived order. Slightly pissed