Direct Alternatives - Final Trim

Nov 26, 2012
review #362471

Well, my girlfriend heard this infomercial on the radio about a weight loss product and asked me to buy it. She told me they would give you a $100 Walmart gift card for trying the product. The product is called Final Trim and when you call the number you don't talk to a real person. An automated machine guides you through the buying steps. They send you a 30 days supply for $7.95 and in order for you to get the $100 Walmart gift card you have to buy a subscription for a program called HomePlay. The initial amount is $1.95 and after the trial period you pay the regular subscription, $29.95 monthly.

I received the 30 days supply of Final Trim and days later a letter from HomePlay confirming the subscription. The catch: there's no $100 Walmart gift card. The gift card they "give" you is worth $40.00 divided in 4 $10.00 gift cards to be used between January and December 2013. It's one $10.00 gift card released to you every three months? Are you serious?

I called the number on my invoice from Direct Alternatives (the company that sends you the Final Trim) on their 1-800-665-7651 and asked about the $100 Walmart gift card advertised and the only answer from the operator was "you need to call the company offering it, which is HomePlay". SCAMMERS!!!!!

665f9c9
2.2
Had an experience with Direct Alternatives?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
CAPTCHA

Jul 16

I ordered this yesterday but after reading this I called and cancelled it and nothing had went through so I did it just in time

Apr 17

Thank you so much everyone for your input. I ordered this and after doing so decided to do an online search. I called they claimed they don't see my order and I should give it a day more. I called my credit card company and it hadn't been charged yet so I asked for a card with a new account number and they processed it. These people won't even get the shipping cost when they try to process it....

Feb 06 Cape Neddick, Maine

Pissed Consumer allows any customer to post whatever comments they want, but makes the company pay $100 to respond to the complaints. Seems fair!

Dec 09, 2013

I should have read the reviews first, but it's okay because the Final Trim people are going to be upset when they figure out I used a gift card to make the purchase and only got charged the 7.95. They can't charge it again because there's no money on it!!!

Martyr

Nov 18, 2013 Springfield, Tennessee

My stepmom buys things that have promotional offers all of the time. One company charged her card when they were not authorized. They had to change their account info to avoid further charges. The smartest thing you could ever do when attempting to order things like this is to put money on a Visa prepaid card and then order. If they require a bank linked card, DO NOT DO IT! And people, ALWAYS do your research before purchasing from a company you heard about on a radio.

Pissed Witch

Oct 30, 2013

Don't get in this mess, it was a free trial saying on,y a few will be getting free 2 60 days bottle offer is limited, so I called just to try because it was free just had to pay the shipping, than after about 30min. On the phone after I punched in my credit card, which by the way was not a human but a recording, kept asking that I start a monthly program of receiving after the free samples...I kept pressing "NO" so after all that it Finally gave up and said i will receive my free bottles with no obligation to buy and no monthly processes. Well guess what! I had a transaction of 79.90 for the so called free samples and was put on a monthly program of receiving this junk. I called and the person I talked to was very unprofessional which got me very upset. See Inc that I was getting no where, he wanted me to return the free product. I told him for one thing in did not authorize future transactions only a one time trans of 7.95. And further more I was giving a false advertisement for the company to obtain my credit card and lock me in despite I rejected the monthly promotion and other tides, I was ignored and put into that program. So I had to call my bank dispute the transaction and made a police report. The guy who called him self Rick (like that's his real name) said he'll patch me to his supervisor than comes back on and said I had to call back at 3am WTF!!!! So I'm still in the process because it just happened so BEWARE DO NOT BE SCAMMED STAY AWAY!! By the way now they fall... Show more

Anne

Oct 29, 2013

The only way to lose weight is diet and exercise.
Anyone who believes in a "magic pill" should still be waiting up to see Santa
and should be looking forward to the Easter Bunny.

u no who

Dec 21, 2013

or plastic surgery anne

MONGO

Oct 23, 2013

THE PRODUCTS ARE WORTHLESS. THE TRIAL PRICE OF $1.95 IS JUST THE ENTICEMENT TO GET YOUR CARD INFORMATION. IT WILL BE *** WHEN YOU TRY TO CANCEL. CUST SERV WILL BE BUSY, LONG WAITS, ETC. THE NUMBER IS NOW GOING TO A COMPANY CALLED USA BENEFITS. THEY WILL ATTTEMPT THE SAME 1.95 BUT DOUBLE TALK YOU . IT'S ACTUALLY 2 CHARGES OF $1.95, THEN IF YOU FORGET TO CANCEL IN 15 DAYS YOU GET HIT WITH TWO COST. THE FIRST IS FOR 39.95/MO AND THE 2ND FOR $29.95. THE 15 DAYS STARTS WHEN THEY BILL YOU SO GOOD LUCK ON KNOWING WHEN THE 15 DAYS IS UP. I WORKED HERE AS A TELEMARKETER FOR ONE DAY. THIS IS THE OFFICE #757-490-9860 DARYLL DECROIX IS THE OWNER. THEY CALL THEMSELVES INTERNATIONAL MARKETING ASSOC ON THE BUILDING BUT EVERYTHING ELSE ON THE PHONE. I NEEDED A JOB. WE TRAINED FOR A FEW HOURS THEN WENT ON THE PHONES. BEFORE I QUIT I WROTE DOWN OTHER NUMBERS 866-540-0905. 800-503-4105. 866-363-7413.

Oct 07, 2013

i started taking these pills in april 2013 by august 2013 i had lost 40 pounds

Nov 19, 2013

so they really did work for you

Sep 19, 2013

These people are actively advertising on the EIB network on am radio. Today is 9/19/13. They are advertising regularly on WBAP in Texas.

kay

Aug 26, 2013 Litchfield, Illinois

800-700-0634 that is the number given on the radio on 8/26/13. Thank you all for the advice...I will take your word for this and not waste my money :p

Dark Nigth

Aug 26, 2013 Livonia, Michigan

Final Trim does not work it's truly a scram and the customer service is rude as !!! Upset and want to kick some !!! Just want my money back just asking can we get a lawyer in on this it seam as a lot of us has been taken by this company. Final Trim has made it to the Hall of Shame

Aug 21, 2013 Indianapolis, Indiana

They are extremely rude. I called to cancel And i think his name is mike said ok and hung up on me. Didn't ask why, didn't say ok it is now canceled, no have a nice. Nothing just hung up on me. and I been waiting on my stuff for two months. Just HORRIBLE

Honeymooner

Aug 14, 2013 North Atlanta, Georgia

Same scenarios as above I thought I'd try it to supplement my workout. I didn't have any side effects or any effects for that matter, so I called to cancel, I got an offer to keep my unopened bottle for $19.95, I refused and he got a really bad attitude and said fine the. You can go pay shipping and insurance and send it back then your loss. When I asked for the return address he said "it was in your package but you probably threw it out like everyone else who thinks everything in life is free"....I laughed and asked for the address and he quickly said it finally, I made him repeat it 3 times just out of fun....but this product does not work...they will try to make you use it for 3 weeks just so you open the second bottle and can't return it....don't fall for the scam....get some raspberry keystones and green coffee bean and you will have more luck. 8)

Peggy

Aug 08, 2013 Saint Louis, Missouri

I never received the gift card. I have been taking it for almost 2 months and the only thing I have lost is money and my hair is falling out. Product does not work. Once you order you are set up for auto ship every 2 months and they bill your credit card every months. I called to cancel today..hope it stops the payment from going through. Dont waste your money on it.

Joel Stiff

Jul 24, 2013 Arlington, Washington

DO NOT buy or use Final Trim! After a few days of taking the poison my chess hurt and my body aced for just swallowing food. I tried to swallow less food, but it did not work and with the same amount of pain! The pain lasted for a few days even after I stopped using Final Trim! -JOEL STIFF-

Showing 1-20 of 70 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Direct Alternatives.
Filing a new complaint about
×