Direct Alternatives - Final Trim

Well, my girlfriend heard this infomercial on the radio about a weight loss product and asked me to buy it. She told me they would give you a $100 Walmart gift card for trying the product. The product is called Final Trim and when you call the number you don't talk to a real person. An automated machine guides you through the buying steps. They send you a 30 days supply for $7.95 and in order for you to get the $100 Walmart gift card you have to buy a subscription for a program called HomePlay. The initial amount is $1.95 and after the trial period you pay the regular subscription, $29.95 monthly.

I received the 30 days supply of Final Trim and days later a letter from HomePlay confirming the subscription. The catch: there's no $100 Walmart gift card. The gift card they "give" you is worth $40.00 divided in 4 $10.00 gift cards to be used between January and December 2013. It's one $10.00 gift card released to you every three months? Are you serious?

I called the number on my invoice from Direct Alternatives (the company that sends you the Final Trim) on their 1-800-665-7651 and asked about the $100 Walmart gift card advertised and the only answer from the operator was "you need to call the company offering it, which is HomePlay". SCAMMERS!!!!!

More Review Details

Helpful? 224 Yes 224 261 No 261
Had the same issue 33 Yes 33
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 18, 2014 #917761

Nov 24, 2014 #905462 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

This is a scam however home play is the one that offers the gift card! She agreed to try this thing that gives you coupons and they give you like 30 days for 1.99. So though this is a scam that was the truth!

Nov 05, 2014 #895989

Didn't read reviews till after purchase. Called bank to cancel card. Thank you for reviews.

3 1 Reply

Nov 01, 2014 #893801 Los Angeles, California

Maybe next time stick to a healthy diet and exercise you fat, lazy sheep. Anyone who buys these scam pills deserves what they get, stop being dim.

5 11 Reply

Oct 14, 2014 #884501 Wilmington, North Carolina

I ordered the free trial. They charged my card $79.90! I called them to complain and they said they'd fix it and to enjoy my free trial. I told them I didn't like it and to go ahead and take me out of their system so I wouldn't get any auto-shipments. Well, about a month later I got 2 more bottles in the mail and they charged my card $44.60. I called again and they were incredibly rude, said I never called before, and that by keeping the trial bottles it authorized them to charge me the $79.90. So how is that a FREE trial? I asked to speak to a manager and got put on hold for about 15 minutes until I was disconnected. I've called several times since and can't get anyone to speak to me. Now I'm disputing the charges with my bank, and they said that they may not be able to recover my funds since I don't know the name of the person I spoke with each time! having to change my card number so I can prevent further charges. This is such B.S.

7 1 Reply

Sep 12, 2014 #869147

Horrible company! Horrible people! Horrible scam. They threatened to ruin my credit because of wanting to cancel. HORRIBLE

4 1 Reply

Sep 05, 2014 #866437 Taylorville, Illinois

I ordered this 3 weeks ago and never recieved but have been charges I need the number to talk to someone other than a robot. My email is

Sep 16, 2014 #871133

2 2 Reply
not happy

Aug 12, 2014 #855617

I ordered a bottle about two months ago. And never revived order. Slightly pissed

Aug 07, 2014 #852807 Frierson, Louisiana

Just wait. After that they charge you $80 a month to renew your final trim membership and never send any more final trim.

Jul 16, 2014 #841380

I ordered this yesterday but after reading this I called and cancelled it and nothing had went through so I did it just in time

Apr 17, 2014 #806101

Thank you so much everyone for your input. I ordered this and after doing so decided to do an online search. I called they claimed they don't see my order and I should give it a day more. I called my credit card company and it hadn't been charged yet so I asked for a card with a new account number and they processed it. These people won't even get the shipping cost when they try to process it....

Dec 03, 2014 #910275

Ways the number? To cancle

Feb 06, 2014 #782656 Cape Neddick, Maine

Pissed Consumer allows any customer to post whatever comments they want, but makes the company pay $100 to respond to the complaints. Seems fair!

2 2 Reply

Dec 09, 2013 #755221

I should have read the reviews first, but it's okay because the Final Trim people are going to be upset when they figure out I used a gift card to make the purchase and only got charged the 7.95. They can't charge it again because there's no money on it!!!

11 1 Reply

Jan 06, 2014 #769587

8 2 Reply

Apr 26 #976954

So you are as bad as they are.

Nov 18, 2013 #744113 Springfield, Tennessee

My stepmom buys things that have promotional offers all of the time. One company charged her card when they were not authorized. They had to change their account info to avoid further charges. The smartest thing you could ever do when attempting to order things like this is to put money on a Visa prepaid card and then order. If they require a bank linked card, DO NOT DO IT! And people, ALWAYS do your research before purchasing from a company you heard about on a radio.

5 1 Reply
Pissed Witch

Oct 30, 2013 #735264

Don't get in this mess, it was a free trial saying on,y a few will be getting free 2 60 days bottle offer is limited, so I called just to try because it was free just had to pay the shipping, than after about 30min. On the phone after I punched in my credit card, which by the way was not a human but a recording, kept asking that I start a monthly program of receiving after the free samples...I kept pressing "NO" so after all that it Finally gave up and said i will receive my free bottles with no obligation to buy and no monthly processes. Well guess what! I had a transaction of 79.90 for the so called free samples and was put on a monthly program of receiving this junk. I called and the person I talked to was very unprofessional which got me very upset. See Inc that I was getting no where, he wanted me to return the free product. I told him for one thing in did not authorize future transactions only a one time trans of 7.95. And further more I was giving a false advertisement for the company to obtain my credit card and lock me in despite I rejected the monthly promotion and other tides, I was ignored and put into that program. So I had to call my bank dispute the transaction and made a police report. The guy who called him self Rick (like that's his real name) said he'll patch me to his supervisor than comes back on and said I had to call back at 3am WTF!!!! So I'm still in the process because it just happened so BEWARE DO NOT BE SCAMMED STAY AWAY!! By the way now they fall... Show more

1-20 of 84 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Direct Alternatives. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Direct Alternatives.
Filing a new complaint about